Marketing in the Board Room
Course: Marketing in the Board RoomTen crucial questions CEOs and CFOs are asking their marketing colleagues, and the answers they should be receiving. Understand the linkage between Marketing, Operation and Finance.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Marketing Professionals, Executives, CIM Students, MBA Students, Consultants and anybody that needs a deeper knowledge of Marketing.
The historic rift between marketers and the finance department, caused by marketing's reluctance to be accountable for what they do, is as marked as ever. This has resulted in marketing being increasingly sidelined by CEOs and moved out of the board room, but in the absence of market-based information, P&L statements are pointless. For marketing to regain their rightful place in the board room they need to be able to prove whether their marketing strategies are creating or destroying shareholder value, and in order to deliver shareholder value there needs to be a linkage between marketing, operations and finance.
LEVEL: Intermediate to Advanced
RUNNING TIME: 72 Min
- Intro To Marketing in the Board Room
- The Pointlesness of P&L Statements
- The Purpose of Strategic Marketing Planning
- Value Propositions
- Do we know our markets?
- Do we know what our sources of differential advantage are in each of the principal segments in our key target markets?
- Do we address real segments in our key target markets?
- Do we agree on the prioritisation of our markets and the segments within each market?
- Have we assessed the risks associated with our strategic marketing plan?
- Have we calculated whether the strategic marketing plan creates or destroys shareholder value?
- Have we agreed the marketing metrics we want reported to us and their frequency?
- Are we happy that the time, effort and expense involved in developing marketing strategies are really worth it?