Marketing and Strategic Management
Course: Marketing and Strategic ManagementWhat New Marketing is all about? In this course Prof. Nigel Piercy explores two main topics, Market-led Strategic Change and Strategic Customer Management. The course duration is about 4h and 30' .
TARGET AUDIENCE: Intermediate to Advanced. Marketing Professionals, Executives, CIM Students, MBA Students, Consultants and anybody with a good knowledge of Marketing Strategy.
Market-led strategic change
The challenges of strategizing the conventional sales organization to meet the demands of new strategies and new types of business-to-business customer. An agenda is developed for executives with two major elements: Making the Sales Organization Strategic (Involvement - putting sales back into strategy; Intelligence - you are what you know; Integration - getting your act together around customer value; Internal marketing - selling the customer to the company; and Infrastructure - aligning sales processes and structures with business strategy), and Broader Challenges (Inspiration - filling the leadership gap; Influence - the power to change things; Integrity - the challenge of corporate social responsibility and ethics that matter to customers; and International - looking beyond national boundaries because customers do). This provides a framework for executives to evaluate how strategic their sales organization is and how strategic it needs to be to meet new challenges. This presentation would be based on the book: Nigel F Piercy and Nikala Lane, Strategic Customer Management: Strategizing the Sales organization, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009.
LEVEL: Intermediate to Advanced
RUNNING TIME: 1Hour 58Min
- Intro to Strategic Customer Management
- Pressures on the corporate frontline 1
- Pressures on the corporate frontline 2
- Evolution in business functions
- Strategic customer management
- The strategic sales organization
- The strategic sales organization-Involvement
- The strategic sales organization-Intelligence
- The strategic sales organization-Integration
- The strategic sales organization-Internal marketing
- The strategic sales organization-Infrastructure
- The strategic sales organization-Inspiration
- The strategic sales organization-Influence
- The strategic sales organization-Integrity
- The strategic sales organization-International
- Is sales the new marketing?
- How strategic is your sales organization